Name: Ginger Carrots
- 5 carrots, cut in 1/4-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice (juice of one orange)
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt substitute
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
Yield: 3 to 4 servings
- Steam carrots until tender (about 10 minutes or more)
- Combine other ingredients in sauce pan and cook until blended smooth
- Add sauce to cooked carrots, toss lightly, and serve
Comments: 9/28/2014 - Modified recipe to steam rather than boil carrots.
Crushed real ginger root in garlic press, not much but juice came out.
- 10/14/2014 - Cooked the carrots via
It was a little too sweet for me this time.
- 1/06/2015 - I used 4 small carrots and 3 regular size, the juice of one
clemintine, and 1/2 teaspoon of powdered ginger.
- 10/24/2015 - Omitted the sugar and used the juice of one small orange. Added a full
teaspoon of powdered ginger, but could not find any cornstarch. Steamed the
carrots for about 20 minutes before they were tender.
- 11/17/2018 - I used 2 very large and 1 medium carrot, a teaspoon of sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon of ginger.
I steamed the carrots for 5 1/2 minutes.
It was a little sweet, but that was OK.
Return to the main page