Name: Fried Cabbage with Sausage
- 1 stick butter or margarine
- 1 small head of cabbage, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 pound smoked sausage, sliced into round pieces
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes or rotel tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Yield: Makes about 8 servings.
- Melt butter in large skillet.
- Add cabbage and onion, and cook on medium high for about 5 minutes, stirring to keep from sticking to pan.
- Add remaining ingredients, cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
Comments: 8/9/2017 - I used 2/3 of a cabbage, because a whole one
would overflow my skillet, and a Hillshire Farms 13-oz chicken
smoked sausage. I forgot to cover the skillet when simmering.
It was good, served with
Source: Posted on FaceBook by Bonnie Lees, from Trisha Renee
Return to the main page