Name: Fish Chowder
- ½ pound fish filet cut into lg cubes
- 1 oz salt pork (could substitute bacon)
- 1 tbl spoon butter
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/3 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tbl spoon parsley (optional)
- 2 medium potatoes, cut in ¼ inch slices
- 1 can Campbells condensed cream of potato soup
Yield: Serves two
- Cook salt pork until crisp.
- Add butter, onion, bay leaf, and thyme, and cook until onion is brown.
- Stir in the potato slices, the soup mix, and a can of milk. Bring to a boil and then simmer until the potatoes are tender (about 20 minutes).
- Stir in the fish chunks and remove the bay leaf.
- Cook until the fish is done (white) - about 8 minutes.
- Add pepper and optional parsley, and serve.
Comments: I haven't done this in a long time because of the salt
involved. I used flounder, which was not recommended
Source: Skip Schiffer
Return to the main page