Name: Fiesta Black Bean Soup
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 12 ounces potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 15-oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 pound cooked ham, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 4-oz can chopped jalapeño peppers
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Toppings: sour cream, chopped bell peppers, chopped tomatoes
Yield: 6 servings
- Combine broth, potatoes, beans, ham, onion, jalapeño peppers,
garlic, oregano, thyme and cumin in Crock-pot.
- Mix well and cover.
- Cook on LOW 8 to 10 hours or on HIGH 4 to 5 hours.
- Adjust seasonings and serve with desired toppings.
Comments: 7/21/2014 - I substituted cooked bacon for the ham and 7-oz of
Jalapeño salsa for the chopped jalapeños.
Source: Rival Crock-Pot Slow Cooker Recipes for All Occasions, Publications
International Limited, 2006
Return to the main page