Name: Fancy Burritos
- Chopped onion (enough to fill the bottom third of a cereal bowl)
- Two tortillas
- 0.4 lb cheddar cheese (grated into a bowl)
- 16 oz can of refried beans
- Bottled salsa
Yield: Feeds two
- Wrap tortillas in aluminum foil and warm in oven.
- Warm refried beans in a sauce pan.
- Lay warm tortilla flat on a plate. Spoon on a line of beans, cover beans with onion and then cheese. Spoon on two table spoons of salsa. Fold in two sides of tortilla, and then roll up into a cylinder.
- Cover with grated cheese and several spoons of salsa, and then heat in microwave for about 90 seconds.
Comments: Serve with extra beans if you wish.
12/21/2017 - I added a can of sliced black olives to the refried beans. I warmed
the tortillas in the microwave. I served the burritos with extra beans,
corn and guacamole.
Return to the main page