Name: Curried Tofu with Rice
- 1 package (12.3 ounces) extra-firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup light coconut milk
- ¼ cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
Yield: 4 servings
- Sprinkle tofu with seasoned salt.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, sauté tofu in oil until lightly browned.
- Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, sauté onion and garlic for 1-2 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Stir in the coconut milk, cilantro, curry, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Stir in tofu and heat through.
- Serve with 2 cups, cooked brown rice.
Comments: 5/13/2013 - Substituted fake salt for the seasoned salt and
cilantro leaves for the fresh cilantro. Omitted the salt and pepper.
The flavor was very mild.
8/7/2017 - It was more flavorful this time. In place of seasoned salt, I used 2 teaspoons
of Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb seasoning and 1 teaspoon of salt substitute.
I used 2 teaspoons of curry powder and one of black pepper.
I served it on white rice with store-bought naan and
Roasted Green Beans with Mushrooms, Balsamic and Parmesan.
Return to the main page