Name: Creamed Kale
- 1 bunch kale, center stalks removed (10-12 oz after)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
Yield: 3 servings
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Blanch the kale for 5-8 minutes, until tender.
- Drain and rinse with cold water, then let it cool slightly.
- Finely chop the kale.
- In a large saute pan set over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute
- Then stir in the kale, cream, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for 5 minutes, or until the cream has reduced and thickened.
- Serve hot, topped with grated Parmesan if desired.
Comments: 6/28/2023 - I started with frozen, chopped kale, and thawed
the amount I wanted for one meal. I used 2 tablespoons butter, 1 teaspoon
garlic powder, 1/4 cup coconut milk, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, and
1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. I omitted the red pepper flakes. It tasted too salty.
Return to the main page