Name: Cran-Apple Crunch Pie
- 1 pre-made pie shell
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1 can (21 oz) apple pie filling
- 1 can (8 oz) whole cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, melted
Yield: 1 pie, serves up to 8, depending upon how you slice it.
- Brush bottom and sides of crust with egg yolk.
- Place crust on a baking sheet and bake at 375 F for 5 minutes
- In a medium bowl, combine pie filling, cranberry sauce, cornstarch, and nutmeg.
- Spread filling into crust.
- In a small bowl, combine pecans, flour, and brown sugar. Stir in margarine or butter.
- Sprinkle over pie filling.
- Bake at 375 F for about 35 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown.
Comments: Estimated preparation time is 10 minutes and total time is 45 minutes.
Source: Keebler shortbread pie crust package.
Return to the main page