Name: Craisin Salad
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn into medium sized pieces
- 2 whole green onions, chopped
- 1 cup craisins
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil (= 4 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper or 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
Yield: Serves 6
- Heat dressing ingredients until sugar dissolves, stirring constantly.
- Cool dressing.
- Mix salad ingredients.
- Just before serving pour dressing over salad and toss well.
Comments: 9/11/2011 - made for Caltech new student BBQ. Used 1.5 packages of
7 oz salad mix and doubled other ingredients.
12/31/2019 - I made half the dressing amount, and used enough romaine
and green leaf lettuce to give Gail and me salad for one meal.
Return to the main page