Name: Couscous with Mixed Seafood Sauce
- 1 cup couscous, uncooked
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1 can low-sodium baby peas
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 6-oz cans baby shrimp
- 1 can sardines in water
- 1 can sardines in oil
- 2 packets of salmon sandwich filling
- shredded Parmesan cheese
Yield: 6 servings
- Cook couscous according to package directions, adding canned
peas when removing from the burner
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and saute 2 minutes.
- Add liquid from shrimp and sardines to the skillet and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add sardines, shrimp and salmon, and simmer for 5 additional minutes.
- Combine cooked couscous and seafood sauce in a serving bowl; toss gently.
- Serve immediately with cheese sprinkled on top.
Comments: 5/28/2013 - A one-dish meal served with green salad in the Moving House
Source: Loosely based on Angel Hair Pasta with Clams
Return to the main page