Name: Classic Ecuadorian Shrimp Ceviche
- 2 lb of cooked shrimp (if raw, cook it in beer or coconut milk for amazing flavor)
- 2 red onions sliced very thinly
- 4 tomatoes sliced very thinly
- The juice of 10-15 limes
- The juice of 1 orange
- 1/2 cup of ketchup
- 1 bunch of cilantro chopped very finely
- Salt, pepper and oil (sunflower or light olive oil)
- Soak the onion slices in salt water for about 10 minutes, rinse well and drain.
- Mix all the ingredients together in large bowl and let it sit in the fridge for at least an hour or two).
- Serve with chifles (fried green banana or green plantain chips) or
patacones (thick fried green plantains)
Return to the main page