Name: Chickpea Potato Salad With Fresh Herbs and Scallions
- 1/2 cup plain full-fat Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill, plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, plus more for serving
- 3 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 cup finely diced celery (about 3 stalks)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions, white and green parts (2 to 3 scallions)
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Whisk until smooth, then add the dill and parsley and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Place the chickpeas in a large bowl and using a fork, lightly mash about 1/3 of them.
- Add the celery and scallions and toss.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, toss well, and set aside at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle with more dill and parsley and serve.
Comments: It will take 15 minutes, plus 30 minutes’ marinating.
If you’re not serving the dish immediately, you can store it in the refrigerator
for up to 2 days. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
8/9/2020 - I made a 2/3 recipe. I substituted red onion for the scallions
and lime juice for lemon juice.
I did not have fresh dill and parsley, so I used 2 teaspoons of dried basil.
I was supposed to use taragon and oregano, but goofed.
Gail thought it could use the sour flavor of lemon.
Return to the main page