Name: Cauliflower with Tomatoes and Cumin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 onion, chopped
- florets from cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 14-oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Stir fry onion and garlic in oil for 2 to 3 minutes
- Add the cauliflower and stir-fry another 2 to 3 minutes,
or until the cauliflower is flecked with brown
- Add the cumin and ginger and fry briskly for one minute
- Add tomato and the tomato liquid with enough water to bring the total liquid to 3/4 cup.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 6 to 7 minutes.
- Turn into a serving dish and sprinkle the cilantro over the dish
Comments: 3/8/2011 - Made with pre-cooked, leftover cauliflower. Just add
cauliflower at the end and heat until warm.
12/10/2012 - Used half a cauliflower and three garlic cloves, and one and a half real tomatoes in
place of the canned tomatoes.
5/19/2018 - Used some pre-cooked purple cauliflower and a 12-oz bag of frozen
florets with 1 1/2 chopped tomatoes. I forgot the cilantro. We'll probably get
4 servings out of it.
Source: Inspired by http://www.fearlesskitchen.com/2008/09/recipe-cauliflo.html
Return to the main page