Name: Classic Carrot Raisin Salad
- 1 pound carrots
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup warm water or apple juice
- 1 small can of pineapple tidbits drained
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
Yield: 6 servings
- Put raisins in a cup of very warm water (or warmed up apple juice) so they plump back up.
- Once they plump up, drain water or juice.
- Drain pineapple of excess juices.
- Peel carrots and then grate them.
- In a medium bowl, toss grated carrots with mayo and sugar.
- Then add raisins and pineapple, and stir until combined.
- Cover and put in the fridge to chill thoroughly.
- Give it another good stir before serving
Comments: 6/5/2018 - I used four carrots, but did not peel them. I used
a 8 oz can of crushed pineapple, but no sugar. I liked it.
Return to the main page