Name: Buddhas Delight
Ingredients: Buddhas Delight
- 14 ounces extra firm tofu drained and cut into 1.5 inch cubes
- cooking spray
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 14-ounce can whole baby corn, drained and halved
- 1 8-ounce can sliced bamboo shoots, drained
- 4 cups mixed fresh vegetables, such as broccoli florets, snow peas, thinly sliced carrots, shiitake mushrooms and baby bok choy
Yield: 8 servings
- Preheat the oven to 400º. Line a sheet pan with foil and coat with cooking spray.
- Place the tofu cubes in a single layer on the sheet pan, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- For the sauce: In a small bowl mix together the soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, ginger and garlic.
- Mix the cornstarch with 1/4 cup of cold water and add to the soy sauce mixture; stir to combine.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Add the vegetables and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add 2 tablespoons of water to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes more or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the tofu cubes, baby corn and bamboo shoots.
- Pour the sauce over the tofu mixture and bring to a boil
- Boil for one minute or until sauce has just thickened.
- Top with sliced green onions and serve with rice if desired.
Comments: 11/18/2020 - I used sliced carrots, mushrooms, water chestnuts,
and a half onion as the fresh vegetables. I substituted a teaspoon each of
garlic powder and ginger powder for the fresh variety. I cooked the vegetables for
4 minutes before adding water and 4 minutes after adding water.
Return to the main page