Name: Broccoli Salad
- 2 cups broccoli florets, washed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded thickly
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries, currants, or raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts or salted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced into small pieces
- Optional: 1 tablespoon bacobits or crumbled bacon
- Dressing Ingredients
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
Yield: 2 servings
- Combine ingredients, except dressing, in a large bowl.
- In a separate, small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise,
vinegar, and sugar until smooth and well-combined.
- Pour dressing over broccoli combination, and toss or stir well
Comments: 3/8/2018 - First attempt was a little dry. Paula Deen's recipe
includes halved cherry tomatoes. The original recipe has one part sour cream or
yogurt to three parts mayonnaise.
Inspired by: https://sugarspunrun.com/broccoli-salad/
Return to the main page