Name: Broccoli Casserole
- 2 (10.8-ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, not diluted
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 small onion, grated
- 3/4 cup dry stuffing mix
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Yield: 6 servings
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook the broccoli in the microwave until just crisp tender, for about 1/2 of the cooking time called for on the package.
- Drain the broccoli in a colander.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, stir the condensed soup, the cheese, and the lemon juice until the cheese has melted, ensuring the cheese doesn't get too warm.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg, the mayonnaise, and the onion together.
- Add the broccoli and the soup mixture to the egg mixture.
- Transfer the broccoli mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, stir the dry stuffing mix and the melted butter together and sprinkle it on top of the casserole.
- Bake the casserole until it is heated through and the top is golden-brown, about 15-20 minutes.
Source: Easy Eats
Return to the main page