Name: Braised Radishes
- 2 bunches radishes (about 1 pound), preferably icicle, tops trimmed to 1 inch above roots
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Yield: 6 servings
- Place the radishes in a large skillet and
add just enough cold water to cover, about 2 1/2 cups.
- Add the butter, sugar, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until the radishes are
tender when pricked with a paring knife and the liquid has
reduced to a glaze, about 12 minutes.
- If the radishes are tender but the liquid hasn't reduced sufficiently,
use a slotted spoon to transfer them to a serving dish and continue reducing the liquid.
- Spoon it over the radishes and serve with buttered crusty bread.
Comments: 9/14/2015 - Made as an experiment because I bought too many
radishes. Sliced the radishes before cooking them. Did not provide
crusty bread. Gail said it was good.
Return to the main page