Name: Blackened Tofu Steaks
- Tofu. If using water-packed tofu, make sure to press as much water as you can out of it
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Maple Syrup
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- pinch of Cayenne pepper (optional)
- Cut the tofu into 4 even slices about 1-inch thick.
- Whisk together the marinade ingredients in a shallow bowl
- Marinate the tofu slices fully submerged for at least one hour.
- Grill the tofu for 6-8 mintes per side, until the tofu is slightly charred and
cooked all the way through.
- Alternative to grilling: Bake at 400º for 20 minutes, flipping once halfway through.
- Brush on the extra marinade and serve.
Comments: 12/1/2020 I tried to use the
Tofu Steak Veracruzana method to
remove water from the tofu.
I cooked it with the baking method at 425º that I was using for sweet potatoes,
and omitted the salt and pepper.
The amount of marinade did not cover the tofu, but it tasted okay.
Return to the main page