Name: Beets with Sour Cream Sauce
- 2 pounds fresh beets
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon dill
Yield: 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Wrap beat in foil, and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake the beets for 35-45 minutes or until fork tender. If beets are on the larger side they may take longer to bake.
- When beets have cooled enough to handle unwrap from foil packets and gently push off the skin of the beet.
- Slide beets into 1/4 inch slices.
- Prepare sour cream sauce by combining 1 tablespoon sugar and 1 cup of sour cream together in a bowl, mix well.
- Add in beets and fold into the sour cream sauce.
- Season with black pepper, salt, and dill.
- Garnish with dill before serving.
Comments: 11/3/2020 - I started with 2 14-oz cans of cut beets.
And then used 1/2 cup of sour cream,
1 teaspoon of sugar, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon of
dill seed. We liked it.
11/19/2020 - I heated the beets from one can, and used all the remaining
sour cream. I chilled the mixture and served it on a bed of lettuce for a salad.
Return to the main page