Name: Banana Coconut Chicken Tenders with Orange Marmalade Dipping Sauce
- Chicken Tenders
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 bananas
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp coconut extract
- 1 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 cup dried sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 1/3 lbs boneless chicken tenderloins
- No-stick cooking spray
- Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup dried sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
Yield: 4 Servings
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Spread flour on a plate.
- In a medium bowl, mash bananas with a potato masher.
- In a small bowl, crack an egg and beat with a fork.
- Add egg and coconut extract to bananas, and mash until blended.
- Mix breadcrumbs, parsley, and coconut flakes into a second medium-sized bowl.
- Roll chicken tenders in flour, then banana mixture, followed by breadcrumb mixture.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake 9 minutes.
- Flip tenders and bake an additional 9 minutes or until cooked throughout.
- Prepare dipping sauce by mixing together ketchup, coconut flakes, and orange marmalade in a small bowl.
- Serve chicken tenders with dipping sauce.
Comments: Preparation time 12 minutes and cook time 18 minutes
4/21/2014 - Combined banana mixture and coconut mixture in the same bowl because
I did not read ahead. With 1 pound of chicken tenderloins, there was too much
coating and it all bunched up on one side of the one side of the chicken.
Also the result was very sweet. I should have cut the chicken in smaller
pieces and used unsweetened coconut. Updated instructions.
Return to the main page