Name: Baked Sweet Potato
- 4 sweet potatoes, scrubbed clean
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil (optional)
Yield: 4 potatoes
- Preheat oven to 425º.
- On a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil, prick sweet potatoes all over with a fork.
- Optional: Rub with olive oil to make the skin crisper for eating
- Bake until tender, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Let cool, then split the tops open with a knife and top with a pat of butter.
- Season with salt and pepper before serving.
Comments: 12/1/2020 I followed the recipe with two sweet potatoes and
baked them for 50 minutes. We omitted the salt and pepper.
Return to the main page