Name: Asparagus with Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 2 pounds asparagus stalks, washed and trimmed (Mixing green and white makes a beautiful presentation!)
- 3 tablespoons good-quality aged balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Coarse salt to taste
Yield: 4 servings
- Blanch the asparagus in lightly salted boiling water for about 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; do not overcook.
- Remove from heat and refresh under cold water; drain well.
- Arrange asparagus on serving platter or individual serving plates.
- In a bowl or jar, whisk together balsamic vinegar, red onion, olive oil, garlic, and pepper.
- Spoon the vinaigrette over the asparagus, allowing a little to puddle on either side. Sprinkle lightly with coarse salt
5/30/10 - used 1/2 tsp powdered garlic instead of fresh
9/4/2016 - Made a half-recipe with yellow onion rather than red onion.
Steamed the asparagus, instead of blanching, for more than 6 minutes.
5/22/2018 - I steamed 1.1 pounds of green asparagus for 6 minutes and probably
used more than 2 tablespoons of red onion.
Return to the main page