Name: Asparagus Stir-Fry
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt substitute
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
Yield: 8 servings
- In a bowl, mix the broth, sherry, soy sauce, cider vinegar, cornstarch, sugar, dry mustard, and salt.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Mix the asparagus into the skillet, coating with the oil. Cook and stir 5 minutes, until tender but firm.
- Pour the broth mixture over the asparagus, and continue cooking 5 minutes, until thickened and heated through.
Comments: 9/30/2014 - I made half a recipe, and omitted the sugar and salt. We got
maybe 3 servings.
5/16/2019 - I used 1 pound of asparagus, but kept the other ingredients as specified in
the recipe. It tasted good, and maybe we got 4 servings. I served it with tofu stir-fry and rice.
9/19/2019 - I doubled the soy sauce and spices. It was good.
1/11/2020 - I substituted a small head of broccoli for the asparagus.
Return to the main page