Name: Arroz Con Queso
- 1 16-oz can whole tomatoes, mashed
- 1 15-oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked, long-grain, converted rice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 4-oz can chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese, divided in two
Yield: 2/22/2015 - Gail made this, replacing the canned chilies with
poblanos. It was quite mild, and we added
crushed red peppers and salsa to spice it up.
The extra cup of cheese was WAY too much.
- Combine tomatoes, beans, rice, onion, cottage cheese, chilies, oil,
garlic, and one cup Monterey Jack cheese in the slow cooker.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 9 hours, or until the liquid is absorbed.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese before serving.
Source: Rival Crock-Pot Slow Cooker Recipes for All Occasions,
Publications International Limited, 2006
Return to the main page