Name: Apple Craisin Lettuce Salad
- 2 pkgs. lettuce (romaine and spring greens etc.)
- 1 pkg. or 1 1/2 cups craisins
- 1 1/2 cups cashew pieces
- 1 large apple chopped
- 8 oz. swiss cheese grated
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard (use high-quality brand)
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
Yield: Serves 8
- Place dressing ingredients into a container.
- Shake well to combine.
- Chop apple.
- Store in plastic bag with some lemon juice
(additional amount from mentioned above-this helps keep the apple from turning brown)
- Measure the rest of the ingredients, but DO NOT PUT TOGETHER UNTIL READY TO SERVE!
- Combine Salad ingredients.
- Drizzle dressing over and toss.
Comments: 8/1/2018 - I sort of did this, but omitted the home-made dressing.
I adjusted the amounts to feed two people. In addition to the lettuce, I had
1/2 cup craisins, 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, 3/4 of a Kanzi apple, and
crumbled blue cheese in place of the grated swiss.
Return to the main page