- 6 egg
- 2 deciliter sour cream (about 7 oz)
- 2 liter 3.5 to 5% milk (about 2 quarts)
- 2 deciliter sugar (about 14 tablespoons)
- Whisk egg and sour cream to a smooth mix.
- Pour the milk in to a 5 liter pot, add the egg mix and gently heat under stirring until it coagulates
- Scoop it up and place in an äggost form or a colander
- Add sugar generously between the layers
- Place the form in a pot and leave it cool down in the fridge over night.
- Turn out before serving, and serve with fresh strawberries, or sour jam.
Comments: 3/13/2013 - The amounts in my recipe are scaled to 2/3 of those in
the recipe referenced. The amount more than filled the äggostform that Ralph Holmberg
gave us. It took me about 1 1/3 hour, mostly spent warming the milk.
I discarded the leftover whey.
Two other, different recipes are:
and there is a video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZI_FoaoGCE.
Return to the main page